Search Johannesburg - Gauteng, Gauteng Hotels from AU$47
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
Reviewed on 12 Feb. 2020
Reviewed on 2 Jan. 2021
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 15 Dec. 2020
Reviewed on 29 Mar. 2020
Reviewed on 24 Dec. 2020
Travelers to Johannesburg give high marks for the shopping and fun sporting events. Tourists who journey to this culturally-rich city can discover its safari tours, museums, and entertainment choices. Top sights in the city include Gold Reef City, Museum Africa, and Johannesburg Zoo.
- There are 980 hotels and other accommodations in Johannesburg
- The closest major airport is in Johannesburg (JNB-O.R. Tambo Intl.) 20.6 from the city center
- The next closest is in Johannesburg (HLA-Lanseria) 32 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Johannesburg
The city is well known for its museums and theaters, and cultural venues include Museum Africa, South African Museum of Military History, and Apartheid Museum. Attractions like Johannesburg Zoo, Montecasino, and Lion Park are fun for kids of all ages. Notable city landmarks like Voortrekker Monument and Kruger Museum might be worth a visit.
In Johannesburg, you'll find 980 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- AtholPlace Hotel & Villa - This 5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and proximity to the airport.
- Castello di Monte - This 5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
- The Residence Boutique Hotel - This 5-star hotel features 3 outdoor pools, a full-service spa, and free breakfast. Expedia customers like its breakfast and pool.
Other favorite sights in Johannesburg include Gold Reef City, First National Bank Stadium, and Bedford Centre Shopping Mall.
Getting Around Johannesburg
With so many ways to get around, exploring Johannesburg is easy. Metro stations nearby include Ellis Park Station and Rhodesfield Station. To see more of the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Johannesburg Park Station or Johannesburg Sandton Station.
Dressing for Johannesburg
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 79°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 49°F
- From April to June, the average is 74°F during the day and 29°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 75°F during the day and 29°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 78°F as the daytime average and 47°F as the nighttime average
- About 0.94 inches of rain falls on Johannesburg each year
- January and February are usually the hottest months averaging 78°F, while June and July are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 31°F