Visiting Hong Kong SAR
Travelers to Hong Kong SAR will find plenty to explore and enjoy. Top sights in the city include Mong Kok Computer Centre, Ladies' Market, and Sky 100.
- There are 634 hotels and other accommodations in Hong Kong SAR
- The closest major airport is in Hong Kong (HKG-Hong Kong Intl.) 22.7 from the city center
- The next closest is in Shenzhen (SZX-Shenzhen Intl.) 48.8 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Hong Kong SAR
Cultural venues in the city include Hong Kong Academy for Performing Arts, Hong Kong Cultural Centre, and Hong Kong Space Museum. Attractions like Ocean Park, Hong Kong Disneyland, and Ngong Ping 360 are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Sky 100, Avenue of Stars, and International Finance Centre.
In Hong Kong SAR, there are 634 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Upper House - Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Central can enjoy access to a restaurant and a 24-hour fitness center, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and room size.
- Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong - Our customers like the helpful staff and proximity to shopping at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Central can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 10 restaurants, along with WiFi.
- Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong - This 5-star hotel in Central features 2 outdoor pools, a full-service spa, and 4 restaurants. Expedia customers like its pool and helpful staff.
Other favorite sights in Hong Kong SAR include Mong Kok Computer Centre, Ladies' Market, and Harbour City. Top places to visit around the area include OCT East, located 20.8 mi (33.4 from the city center, and Splendid China Folk Village, which is 17.4 mi (28 away.
Getting Around Hong Kong SAR
With so many ways to get around, seeing all of Hong Kong SAR is a breeze. You can take advantage of metro transit at Kowloon Station, Hong Kong Station, and Hong Kong Tin Hau Station. If you want to journey outside of the city, hop aboard a train from Hong Kong Cheung Sha Wan Station, Hong Kong Lai Chi Kok Station, or Hong Kong Sham Shui Po Station.
Dressing for Hong Kong SAR
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 71°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 55°F
- From April to June, the average is 86°F during the day and 64°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 87°F during the day and 75°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 83°F as the daytime average and 58°F as the nighttime average
- Hong Kong SAR gets about 3.19 inches of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 87°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 56°F