Visiting Cheung Chau
Visitors can enjoy all that Cheung Chau has to offer including the beaches, festivals, and temples. This city also attracts tourists with its walkable location. Hong Kong Disneyland, Po Lin Monastery, and Big Buddha are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 3 hotels and other accommodations in Cheung Chau
- The closest major airport is in Hong Kong (HKG-Hong Kong Intl.) 15.1 from the city center
- The next closest is in Macau (MFM-Macau Intl.) 47.3 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Cheung Chau
The picturesque setting of Tung Wan Beach and Kwun Yam Wan Beach exemplify the city's natural beauty. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Mini Great Wall and Cheung Po Tsai Cave.
This is a top accommodation based on our user reviews:
- B&B Cheung Chau - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean rooms.
Top places to see outside the city include Hong Kong Disneyland, located 7.3 mi (11.7 from the heart of the city, and Po Lin Monastery, which is 8.5 mi (13.7 away.
Dressing for Cheung Chau
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 71°F during the day and 54°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 86°F, while the average at night is 64°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 87°F with nighttime averages of 76°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 83°F and nighttime averages of 57°F
- Cheung Chau gets about 3.19 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 87°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 56°F