Visiting Outlying Islands
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Outlying Islands, though many travelers give high marks for the shopping, restaurants, and theme park. Visitors who journey to this welcoming city can discover its hiking, island views, and temples. Top attractions in the city include Po Lin Monastery, Hong Kong Disneyland, and Big Buddha.
- You'll find 600 Expedia hotels and other accommodation choices in the larger area of Hong Kong (all)
- Closest major airport is in Hong Kong (HKG-Hong Kong Intl.) 10.7 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Outlying Islands
Popular family attractions include Hong Kong Disneyland, Ngong Ping 360, and Ocean Park. Notable for its temples, the city's landmarks including Po Lin Monastery, Big Buddha, and Kwun Yam Temple. With 18 hotels and other lodging accommodations in Outlying Islands, you'll find a holiday retreat at an affordable rate.
- Disney Explorers Lodge - This 3.5-star resort features 3 restaurants, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Hong Kong SkyCity Marriott Hotel - With a stay at this 4.5-star hotel, you'll have access to a full-service spa, 5 restaurants, and free WiFi. Our customers like its helpful staff and proximity to the airport.
- Auberge Discovery Bay Hong Kong - This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. Visitors like its family-friendly amenities and helpful staff.
Other top sights in Outlying Islands include AsiaWorld-Expo, Silvermine Beach, and Discovery Bay Golf Club. Outside of the city, popular places to visit include Soho located 10.2 mi (16.5 from city center and Hong Kong - Macau Ferry Terminal which is 10.4 mi (16.7 away.
Getting around Outlying Islands
Outlying Islands has transportation options to help you get around the area. If you're looking to journey outside of the area, take a train from Hong Kong Tung Chung Station, Hong Kong Disneyland Resort Station, or Hong Kong Airport Station.
Dressing for Outlying Islands
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 71°F during the day and 54°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 86°F, while the average at night is 64°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 87°F with nighttime averages of 76°F
- In October–December, you can expect daytime averages of 83°F and nighttime averages of 57°F
- Average annual rainfall for Outlying Islands is 3.19 inches
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 87°F while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 56°F