Search Kowloon, Hong Kong SAR Hotels from AU$59
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 30 Mar. 2020
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Kowloon, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, bustling port, and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its vibrant and scenic setting. Top sights in the city include Hung Hom Star Ferry Pier, Hong Kong Coliseum, and Mong Kok Computer Centre.
- There are 445 hotels and other accommodations in Kowloon
- The closest major airport is in Hong Kong (HKG-Hong Kong Intl.) 26.8 from the city center
- The next closest is in Shenzhen (SZX-Shenzhen Intl.) 53.2 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Kowloon
The city's cultural venues include Hong Kong Space Museum and Hong Kong Cultural Centre. Favorite family attractions include Kwun Tong Promenade and Hong Kong Observatory. The city is notable for landmarks like Avenue of Stars, Sky 100, and Wong Tai Sin Temple.
In Kowloon, you'll find 445 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- The Ritz Carlton Hong Kong - This 5-star hotel in West Kowloon features a full-service spa, 5 restaurants, and an indoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its WiFi and proximity to public transit.
- Hotel ICON - Our customers like the dining options and WiFi at this hotel. This 4.5-star hotel in Tsim Sha Tsui features a full-service spa, 3 restaurants, and an outdoor pool.
- The Peninsula Hong Kong - This 5-star hotel in Tsim Sha Tsui features a full-service spa, 7 restaurants, and an indoor pool. Expedia customers like its breakfast and pool.
Other favorite sights in Kowloon include Hung Hom Star Ferry Pier, Hong Kong Coliseum, and Mong Kok Computer Centre. Top places to visit in the area include Times Square Shopping Mall, located 3.1 mi (4.9 from the city center, and Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre, which is 3.1 mi (5 away.
Getting Around Kowloon
With so many ways to get around, exploring Kowloon is simple. Head over to Kowloon Station for metro transit. If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Hong Kong Kowloon Bay Station, Hong Kong Choi Hung Station, or Hong Kong Lok Fu Station. You can take a ferry from the local port.
Dressing for Kowloon
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 71°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 55°F
- From April to June, the average is 86°F during the day and 64°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 87°F during the day and 75°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 83°F as the daytime average and 58°F as the nighttime average
- About 3.19 inches of rain falls on Kowloon each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 87°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 56°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Kowloon?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Kowloon, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Kowloon?
What's the best accommodation option for a family holiday in Kowloon?
What's the best place to stay for a romantic holiday in Kowloon?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Kowloon?
What's the best accommodation option for a beach holiday in Kowloon?
What's the best high-end place to stay in Kowloon?
What's the best boutique hotel in Kowloon?
Recent Reviews in Kowloon
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Kowloon airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Kowloon?
- Where to stay near top Kowloon attractions?
- More accommodation types in Kowloon
- What kind of hotels are in Kowloon?
- Which hotel chains are in Kowloon?
- What are the most popular hotels in Kowloon?
- Are there hotels near Kowloon?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends