Search Guildford, England Hotels from AU$101
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
History buffs will enjoy exploring Guildford, and visitors give high marks for the relaxing spas and lively bar scene. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its theaters. The Lightbox, Legoland, and Windsor Castle are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 25 hotels and other accommodations in Guildford
- The closest major airport is in London (LHR-Heathrow) 27.5 from the city center
- The next closest is in London (LGW-Gatwick) 29.8 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Guildford
Well known for its theaters, the city's cultural venues include Yvonne Arnaud Theatre, Electric Theatre, and G Live. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Loseley House, Guildford Guildhall, and Abbot's Hospital. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are High Street and Guildford House Gallery.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 25 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Guildford. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Percy Arms - This 5-star inn features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Lockhurst Hatch Farm - Our customers like the helpful staff and comfortable beds at this farm stay. This 4-star farm stay features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Asperion Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a bar, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and quiet location.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include The Lightbox, located 6 mi (9.6 from the city center, and Legoland, which is 16 mi (25.8 away.
Getting Around Guildford
If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Guildford Station, London Road Station, or Shalford Station. Guildford might not have many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Guildford
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 53°F during the day and 36°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 69°F, while the average at night is 40°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 71°F with nighttime averages of 49°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 61°F and nighttime averages of 37°F
- Guildford gets about 23.11 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 70°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 36°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Guildford?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Guildford, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Guildford?
What's the best place to stay for a family holiday to Guildford?
What's the best accommodation for a couple visiting Guildford?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Guildford?
What's the best high-end hotel in Guildford?
What's the best boutique hotel in Guildford?
Where's the best place to stay in Guildford to absorb the local history?
Recent Reviews in Guildford
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Guildford airport?
- Where to stay near top Guildford attractions?
- More accommodation types in Guildford
- What kind of hotels are in Guildford?
- Which hotel chains are in Guildford?
- What are the most popular hotels in Guildford?
- Are there hotels near Guildford?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends