Families will find kid-friendly activities in Gatwick, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants, lively bar scene, and shopping. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its cafés. Top sights around the area include Chartwell, Sheffield Park Garden, and Chessington World of Adventures.
- You'll find 4384 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of London
- The closest major airport is in London (LGW-Gatwick) 0.7 from the city center
- The next closest is in London (LHR-Heathrow) 39.5 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Gatwick
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Chartwell, Sheffield Park Garden, and Chessington World of Adventures. You'll also find Archway Theatre and Gatwick Aviation Museum in the area.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 11 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Gatwick. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Hampton by Hilton London Gatwick Airport - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Sofitel London Gatwick - Our customers like the proximity to the airport and comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and a fitness center, along with free WiFi.
- BLOC Hotel Gatwick - Amenities at this 3-star hotel include a 24-hour front desk and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its quiet location and clean rooms.
Getting Around Gatwick
If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Gatwick Express Station, Gatwick Airport Station, or Crawley Gatwick Airport Station. Gatwick might not have many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Gatwick
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 51°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 35°F
- From April to June, the average is 69°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 70°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 60°F as the daytime average and 36°F as the nighttime average
- About 0.98 inches of rain falls on Gatwick each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 69°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 36°F