History buffs will enjoy exploring Falkirk, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its spas and bars. Top sights around the area include Royal Highland Centre, Celtic Park, and Glasgow Cathedral.
- You'll find 870 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Edinburgh
- The closest major airport is in Edinburgh (EDI) 26.7 from the city center
- The next closest is in Glasgow (GLA-Glasgow Intl.) 43.2 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Falkirk
Favorite places to visit in the city include Callendar House, The Helix, and Falkirk Golf Club. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Falkirk Wheel and Black Loch.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 22 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Falkirk. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Carmel Apartments - This 4-star apartment features free WiFi, free parking, and spa services. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its location.
- Best Western Park Hotel - Our customers like the overall value and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Macdonald Inchyra Hotel & Spa - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and comfortable beds.
Top places to see outside the city include Royal Highland Centre, located 16.5 mi (26.6 from the heart of the city, and Celtic Park, which is 19.4 mi (31.2 away.
Getting Around Falkirk
If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Falkirk Grahamston Station, Falkirk High Station, or Camelon Station. Falkirk may not have many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Falkirk
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 48°F during the day and 34°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 63°F, while the average at night is 37°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 65°F with nighttime averages of 46°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 56°F and nighttime averages of 35°F
- About 0.94 inches of rain falls on Falkirk each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 63°F, whereas January and March are often coldest, averaging 34°F