Search Dunfermline, Scotland Hotels from AU$71
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 26 Mar. 2020
Reviewed on 5 Aug. 2020
Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in Dunfermline, and visitors give high marks for the lively bar scene. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its gardens. Murrayfield Stadium, Royal Yacht Britannia, and Edinburgh International Conference Centre are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 27 hotels and other accommodations in Dunfermline
- The closest major airport is in Edinburgh (EDI) 15 from the city center
- The next closest is in Dundee (DND) 50.1 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Dunfermline
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the gardens and Pittencrieff Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Abbot House and Dunfermline Abbey.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 27 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Dunfermline. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Balmule House - With a stay at this 5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast.
- The Roods B&B - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Davaar House - This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and convenient parking.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Murrayfield Stadium, located 12.5 mi (20.1 from the heart of the city, and Royal Yacht Britannia, which is 12.7 mi (20.4 away.
Getting Around Dunfermline
If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Dunfermline Town Station, Dunfermline Queen Margaret Station, or Rosyth Station. Dunfermline may not have many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Dunfermline
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 48°F during the day and 34°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 63°F, while the average at night is 37°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 65°F with nighttime averages of 46°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 56°F and nighttime averages of 35°F
- About 0.94 inches of rain falls on Dunfermline each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 63°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 34°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Dunfermline?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Dunfermline, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Dunfermline?
What's the best place to stay when travelling with children to Dunfermline?
What's the best hotel for a romantic getaway to Dunfermline?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Dunfermline?
What's the best hotel for a beach holiday in Dunfermline?
What's the best high-end place to stay in Dunfermline?
What's the best place to stay if I'm looking to play golf in Dunfermline?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Dunfermline?
Recent Reviews in Dunfermline
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Dunfermline airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Dunfermline?
- Where to stay near top Dunfermline attractions?
- More accommodation types in Dunfermline
- Which hotel chains are in Dunfermline?
- What are the most popular hotels in Dunfermline?
- Are there hotels near Dunfermline?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends