Search Edinburgh, Scotland Hotels from AU$61
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
Reviewed on 5 Jan. 2021
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 19 Oct. 2020
Reviewed on 24 Jan. 2021
Reviewed on 1 Oct. 2020
Reviewed on 30 Dec. 2020
History buffs will enjoy exploring Edinburgh, and visitors give high marks for the fascinating museums, festivals, and renowned art. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its local tours, monuments, and shopping. Top sights in the city include Princes Street Gardens, Edinburgh Castle, and St. Giles' Cathedral.
- There are 819 hotels and other accommodations in Edinburgh
- The closest major airport is in Edinburgh (EDI) 10.5 from the city center
- The next closest is in Dundee (DND) 56.8 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Edinburgh
Known for its museums, festivals, and art, the city's cultural venues include Edinburgh Castle, Edinburgh Playhouse Theatre, and Royal Yacht Britannia. Attractions like Our Dynamic Earth, Royal Commonwealth Pool, and Edinburgh Zoo are fun for kids of all ages. Its historic sites and monuments are notable and landmarks include St. Giles' Cathedral, Greyfriars Kirk, and Palace of Holyroodhouse.
In Edinburgh, there are 819 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Lane Hotel - Amenities at this 4-star guesthouse include a restaurant. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and clean rooms.
- The Raeburn - Our customers like the bar and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 4-star hotel in Stockbridge features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Barony House - Guests who stay at this 4-star guesthouse in Newington can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast.
Other favorite sights in Edinburgh include Princes Street Gardens, Edinburgh International Conference Centre, and Arthur's Seat. A popular place to see outside the city is Church, located 12.5 mi (20.2 from the city center.
Getting Around Edinburgh
If you want to see more of the area, ride aboard a train from Edinburgh Waverley Station, Edinburgh Haymarket Station, or Slateford Station. Edinburgh might not have as many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Edinburgh
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 48°F during the day and 34°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 63°F, while the average at night is 37°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 65°F with nighttime averages of 46°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 56°F and nighttime averages of 35°F
- About 0.94 inches of rain falls on Edinburgh each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 63°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 34°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place for a stay in Edinburgh?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Edinburgh, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Edinburgh?
What's the best accommodation option for families in Edinburgh?
What's the best accommodation for couples in Edinburgh?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Edinburgh?
What's the best place to stay for a beach holiday in Edinburgh?
What's the best luxury hotel in Edinburgh?
What's the best boutique-style hotel in Edinburgh?
What's the best hotel for a golf holiday in Edinburgh?
What's the best accommodation in Edinburgh that's close to historical sites?
Recent Reviews in Edinburgh
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Edinburgh airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Edinburgh?
- Where to stay near top Edinburgh attractions?
- More accommodation types in Edinburgh
- What kind of hotels are in Edinburgh?
- Which hotel chains are in Edinburgh?
- What are the most popular hotels in Edinburgh?
- Are there hotels near Edinburgh?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends