Visiting East Sydney
Travelers to East Sydney give high marks for the shopping, top-notch restaurants, and bustling port. Welcoming and walkable, this city will delight tourists with its cafés, museums, and opera houses. Top sights around the area include Sydney Opera House, Sydney Harbour Bridge, and Bondi Beach.
- There are 36 hotels and other accommodations in East Sydney
- The closest major airport is in Sydney, NSW (SYD-Kingsford Smith Intl.) 7.8 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in East Sydney
The city is well known for its museums and opera, and cultural venues include Aboriginal Fine Art Prints, Sydney Jewish Museum, and Object Gallery. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Crown Street is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Taylor Square and National Art School Gallery.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 36 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in East Sydney. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- ADGE Boutique Apartment Hotel - With a stay at this 4.5-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and room size.
- Medusa Boutique Hotel - Our customers like the helpful staff and comfortable beds at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel in Sydney Eastern Suburbs features free WiFi, concierge services, and a computer station.
- Pullman Sydney Hyde Park - This 5-star hotel in Sydney Central Business District features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and a 24-hour fitness center. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and bar.
Top places to visit outside the city include Sydney Opera House, located 1.5 mi (2.4 from the heart of the city, and Sydney Harbour Bridge, which is 1.8 mi (2.9 away.
Dressing for East Sydney
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 78°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 60°F
- From April to June, the average is 73°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 68°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 77°F as the daytime average and 53°F as the nighttime average
- East Sydney gets about 46.77 inches of rain per year
- January and February are usually the hottest months averaging 78°F, while July and June are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 47°F