Visiting East Melbourne
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in East Melbourne, and visitors give high marks for the fun sporting events, beautiful gardens, and top-notch restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cathedral and architecture. Top sights around the area include Melbourne Cricket Ground, St. Kilda Beach, and Melbourne Museum.
- You'll find 1261 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Melbourne
- The closest major airport is in Melbourne, VIC (MEB-Essendon) 12.3 from the city center
- The next closest is in Melbourne, VIC (MEL-Tullamarine) 19.9 away
Sightseeing and Staying in East Melbourne
Favorite places to visit in the city include Melbourne Cricket Ground, Fitzroy Gardens, and Johnston Collection. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Cooks Cottage and National Sports Museum.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 20 hotels and other lodging options to select from in East Melbourne. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Park Hyatt Melbourne - Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Melbourne Central Business District can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location and clean, quiet rooms.
- Quest Jolimont - Our customers like the overall value and convenient parking at this apartment. With a stay at this 4-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to parking and laundry facilities, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Quest East Melbourne - With a stay at this 4-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to a rooftop terrace and parking, along with an in-room kitchenette. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
Popular places to see in the area include St. Kilda Beach, located 3.7 mi (6 from the city center, and Melbourne Museum, which is 0.9 mi (1.4 away.
Getting Around East Melbourne
Head over to Jolimont Station for metro transit. If you'd like to venture out around the area, you may want to rent a car for your trip.
Dressing for East Melbourne
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 80°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 50°F
- From April to June, the average is 68°F during the day and 41°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 64°F during the day and 41°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 75°F as the daytime average and 45°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for East Melbourne is 0.47 inches
- February and January are usually the hottest months averaging 78°F, while July and June are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 41°F