Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in Dandenong, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and relaxing, this city attracts tourists with its shopping and spas. Top sights around the area include St. Kilda Beach, Melbourne Cricket Ground, and Puffing Billy Steam Train.
- You'll find 1261 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Melbourne
- The closest major airport is in Melbourne, VIC (MEB-Essendon) 40.1 from the city center
- The next closest is in Melbourne, VIC (MEL-Tullamarine) 47.7 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Dandenong
Shopping is a favorite activity, so consider an excursion to Dandenong Plaza and Dandenong Market. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Drum Theatre and Dandenong Basketball Stadium.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 8 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Dandenong. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Quest Dandenong Central - With a stay at this 4-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to a fitness center and a conference center, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and helpful staff.
- Punthill Dandenong - Our customers like the dining options and convenient parking at this apartment. With a stay at this 4.5-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a fitness center, along with WiFi.
- Ramada Encore Dandenong - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
Popular places to visit around the area include St. Kilda Beach, located 15.5 mi (25 from the heart of the city, and Melbourne Cricket Ground, which is 17.2 mi (27.7 away.
Getting Around Dandenong
If you want to explore the larger area, hop aboard a train at Dandenong Station. Dandenong might not have as many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Dandenong
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 80°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 50°F
- From April to June, the average is 68°F during the day and 41°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 64°F during the day and 41°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 75°F as the daytime average and 45°F as the nighttime average
- About 0.47 inches of rain falls on Dandenong each year
- February and January are usually the hottest months averaging 78°F, while July and June are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 41°F