Families will find kid-friendly activities in Coogee, and visitors give high marks for the beaches and top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its sporting events and cafés. Around the area, top sights include Bondi Beach, Sydney Opera House, and Sydney Harbour Bridge.
- You'll find 964 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Sydney
- The closest major airport is in Sydney, NSW (SYD-Kingsford Smith Intl.) 8.5 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Coogee
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Coogee Beach and Wedding Cake Island. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Dolphin Point and Wiley's Baths.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 16 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Coogee. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Coogee Sands Hotel and Apartments - This 4-star motel in Sydney Eastern Suburbs features free parking, a 24-hour business center, and concierge services. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Crowne Plaza Coogee Beach - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Sydney Eastern Suburbs can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with WiFi.
- Coogee Bay Hotel - Boutique - Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Sydney Eastern Suburbs can enjoy access to a restaurant and a nightclub, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its beach locale and clean, comfortable rooms.
Popular places to see around the area include Bondi Beach, located 2.3 mi (3.8 from the city center, and Sydney Opera House, which is 4.9 mi (7.9 away.
Dressing for Coogee
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 78°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 60°F
- From April to June, the average is 73°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 68°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 77°F as the daytime average and 53°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Coogee is 46.77 inches
- January and February are usually the hottest months averaging 78°F, while July and August are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 47°F