Visiting Collins Street
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Collins Street, though many tourists give high marks for the shopping, restaurants, and cafés. Welcoming and walkable, this city attracts visitors with its architecture and sporting events. Top attractions around the area include Melbourne Cricket Ground, St. Kilda Beach, and Bourke Street Mall.
- There are 24 hotels and other accommodations in Collins Street
- Closest major airport is in Melbourne, VIC (MEL-Tullamarine) 19.1 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Collins Street
Popular family attractions include Melbourne Aquarium, Melbourne Zoo, and Alexandra Gardens. Shopping is one of the top reasons to visit, so consider an excursion to Bourke Street Mall, Melbourne Central, and Queen Victoria Market. With 24 hotels and other lodging accommodations in Collins Street, you'll find holiday getaways at affordable rates.
- Sofitel Melbourne On Collins - This 5-star hotel in Melbourne Central Business District features a restaurant, a fitness center, and a bar/lounge. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its restaurant and helpful staff.
- Grand Hyatt Melbourne - This 5-star hotel in Melbourne Central Business District features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and an indoor pool. Our customers like its helpful staff and quiet location.
- The Westin Melbourne - This 5-star hotel in Melbourne Central Business District features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and a 24-hour fitness center. Visitors like its helpful staff and comfortable rooms.
Outside of the city, popular places to visit include Melbourne Cricket Ground located 1.1 mi (1.8 from city center and St. Kilda Beach which is 3.6 mi (5.7 away.
Dressing for Collins Street
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 80°F and the nighttime average to be 50°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 68°F during the day and 41°F at night
- July through September averages 64°F during the day and 41°F at night
- In October–December, the average temperature is 75°F during the day and 45°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Collins Street is 0.47 inches
- Hottest months are usually February and January with an average temperature of 78°F while the coldest months are July and June with an average of 41°F