Families will find kid-friendly activities in Caloundra, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, top-notch restaurants, and shopping. This walkable city also attracts tourists with its water parks and golf courses. A top sight in the area is Australia Zoo.
- There are 26 hotels and other accommodations in Caloundra
- The closest major airport is in Maroochydore, QLD (MCY-Sunshine Coast) 22.6 from the city center
- The next closest is in Brisbane, QLD (BNE) 64.6 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Caloundra
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and Bulcock Beach. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Caloundra Street Fair is a favorite for retail therapy. Golfing is a top activity, and Caloundra Golf Club is one place to visit.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 26 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Caloundra. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Caloundra Waterfront Holiday Park - With a stay at this 3-star campground, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and beach locale.
- Rumba Beach Resort - Our customers like the quiet location and comfortable beds at this apartment. With a stay at this 5-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and 4 restaurants, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Monaco - This 4.5-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free parking. Expedia customers like its overall value and central location.
One of the popular sights in the surrounding area is Australia Zoo, located 10.9 mi (17.6 from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Caloundra
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 85°F and the nighttime average to be 63°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 80°F during the day and 50°F at night
- July through September averages 77°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 85°F during the day and 57°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Caloundra is 44.49 inches
- Hottest months are usually February and January with an average temperature of 84°F, while the coldest months are August and July with an average of 50°F