Visiting Cairns North
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Cairns North, and visitors give high marks for the coral reefs, local tours, and top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its cafés. Around the area, top sights include Centenary Lakes Botanic Gardens, Mount Whitfield Conservation Park, and Skyrail Rainforest Cableway.
- There are 45 hotels and other accommodations in Cairns North
- The closest major airport is in Cairns, QLD (CNS-Cairns Intl.) 3.2 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Cairns North
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and Cairns Esplanade Charles Street Parkland. In the area, you'll also find Centenary Lakes Botanic Gardens and Mount Whitfield Conservation Park.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 45 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Cairns North. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- City Plaza Apartments - With a stay at this 4-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and pool.
- 201 Lake Street Apartments - Our customers like the beach locale and overall value at this apartment. With a stay at this 4.5-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Royal Palm Villas Cairns - This 3.5-star apartment features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking.
One of the popular sights in the surrounding area is Skyrail Rainforest Cableway, located 6.9 mi (11.1 from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Cairns North
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 89°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 72°F
- From April to June, the average is 85°F during the day and 63°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 84°F during the day and 62°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 89°F as the daytime average and 67°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Cairns North is 81.65 inches
- January and December are usually the hottest months averaging 88°F, while July and August are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 63°F