Visitors can enjoy all that Balmain has to offer including the restaurants, shopping, and monuments. Tourists can also enjoy all the city has to offer including its waterfront. Sydney Harbour Bridge, Sydney Opera House, and Bondi Beach are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 964 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Sydney
- The closest major airport is in Sydney, NSW (SYD-Kingsford Smith Intl.) 8.8 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Balmain
The city is notable for landmarks like Watch House, St Mary’s Hall, and Clontarf Cottage. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Elkington Park and White Bay Cruise Terminal.
As you make plans for a getaway to Balmain, your ideal accommodation may not be centrally located but you'll find 816 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Here you'll find some of the places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Four Seasons Hotel Sydney is located 1.7 mi from the city center. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Sydney can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
- Hyatt Regency Sydney is 1.6 mi from the city's heart. This 5-star hotel in Sydney features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a fitness center. Our customers like its walkable location and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Meriton Suites Kent Street, Sydney is located within 2 mi of the city center. Guests who stay at this 4.5-star apartment in Chinatown can enjoy access to an indoor pool and a fitness center, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
Popular places to see around the area include Sydney Harbour Bridge, located 1.7 mi (2.8 from the city center, and Sydney Opera House, which is 2 mi (3.3 away.
Dressing for Balmain
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 78°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 60°F
- From April to June, the average is 73°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 68°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 77°F as the daytime average and 53°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Balmain is 46.77 inches
- February and January are usually the hottest months averaging 78°F, while July and August are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 47°F