Families will find kid-friendly activities in Woolloongabba, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and walkable, this city will delight tourists with its sporting events, spas, and bars. Top sights around the area include The Gabba, Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre, and Queen Street Mall.
- You'll find 461 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Brisbane
- The closest major airport is in Brisbane, QLD (BNE) 14.5 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Woolloongabba
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Buranda Village is a favorite for retail therapy. Additionally, you might want to add The Gabba to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 9 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Woolloongabba. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Princess Regent - This 4.5-star apartment features free WiFi, free parking, and a seasonal outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and proximity to shopping.
- Oaks Woolloongabba - Our customers like the pool and helpful staff at this apartment. With a stay at this 4-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and a steam room, along with an in-room kitchen.
- P A Apartments - With a stay at this 4.5-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi.
Top places to visit outside the city include Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre, located 1.5 mi (2.4 from the heart of the city, and Queen Street Mall, which is 1.8 mi (2.8 away.
Getting Around Woolloongabba
To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Brisbane Buranda Station. Woolloongabba may not have many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Woolloongabba
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 85°F during the day and 63°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 80°F, while the average at night is 50°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 77°F with nighttime averages of 49°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 85°F and nighttime averages of 57°F
- Woolloongabba gets about 44.49 inches of rain per year
- Usually February and January are the hottest months with an average of 84°F, whereas August and July are often coldest, averaging 50°F