Families will find kid-friendly activities in Vaughan, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its hockey games, local tours, and coffeehouses. Top sights around the area include Canada's Wonderland, Toronto Public Library, and CN Tower.
- You'll find 933 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Toronto
- The closest major airport is in Toronto, ON (YYZ-Pearson Intl.) 17 from the city center
- The next closest is in Toronto, ON (YTZ-Billy Bishop Toronto City) 25.4 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Vaughan
Families come for attractions such as Canada's Wonderland, Legoland Discovery Center Toronto, and Splash Works. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Vaughan Mills Mall is a favorite for retail therapy. Taking local tours is a top activity, and Earth Rangers is one place to visit.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 21 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Vaughan. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Element Vaughan Southwest - With a stay at this 3-star aparthotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and convenient parking.
- Residence Inn by Marriott Toronto Vaughan - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and pool at this aparthotel. With a stay at this 3-star aparthotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto Vaughan - This 3-star aparthotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Toronto Public Library, located 13.8 mi (22.2 from the heart of the city, and CN Tower, which is 15.4 mi (24.8 away.
Getting Around Vaughan
With so many transportation options, exploring Vaughan is easy. Head to Vaughan Metropolitan Centre to catch metro. To explore the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Vaughan Rutherford Station or Vaughan Maple Station.
Dressing for Vaughan
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 46°F and the nighttime average to be 16°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 79°F during the day and 33°F at night
- July through September averages 81°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 63°F during the day and 20°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Vaughan is 0.98 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 78°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 19°F