Visitors to Newmarket are sure to enjoy the shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's waterfront, live music, and golf courses. A top sight in the area is Canada's Wonderland.
- You'll find 833 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Toronto
- The closest major airport is in Toronto, ON (YYZ-Pearson Intl.) 42.8 from the city center
- The next closest is in Toronto, ON (YTZ-Billy Bishop Toronto City) 47.4 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Newmarket
The city's cultural venues include Elman W. Campbell Museum and Newmarket Theatre. The picturesque setting of Rogers Reservoir Conservation Area and Thornton Bales Conservation Area exemplify the city's natural beauty. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Upper Canada Mall is a favorite for retail therapy.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 6 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Newmarket. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express Suites Newmarket - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and convenient parking.
- Best Western Voyageur Place Hotel - Our customers like the overall value and proximity to shopping at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Comfort Inn Newmarket - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and quiet location.
One of the top places to see outside the city is Canada's Wonderland, located 14.9 mi (24 from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Newmarket
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 45°F during the day and 16°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 78°F, while the average at night is 30°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 80°F with nighttime averages of 47°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 63°F and nighttime averages of 19°F
- Newmarket gets about 1.30 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 77°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 18°F