Visitors can enjoy all that Aurora has to offer including the gardens and golf courses. This city's walkable location also attracts tourists. Top sights around the area include Canada's Wonderland and Toronto Zoo.
- You'll find 833 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Toronto
- The closest major airport is in Toronto, ON (YYZ-Pearson Intl.) 37.3 from the city center
- The next closest is in Toronto, ON (YTZ-Billy Bishop Toronto City) 40.6 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Aurora
The picturesque setting of Sheppard's Bush and Town Park exemplify the city's natural beauty. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Hillary House National Historic Site and St. Andrew's Valley Golf Club.
As you start planning your visit to Aurora, the best accommodation may not be centrally located but you'll find 18 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Listed here are a few of the places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Aurora ~great Location!!! St. John Sr/bayview!!!! is 2 mi from the center of Aurora. This 3.5-star hotel in Don Mills features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and an indoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
- Toronto Don Valley Hotel and Suites is located 19.6 mi from the heart of Aurora. This 3-star hotel in Toronto features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Our customers like its breakfast and overall value.
- Best Western Plus Toronto North York Hotel & Suites is 16.9 mi from central Aurora. This 4-star hotel in Markham features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and an indoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and overall value.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Canada's Wonderland, located 11.5 mi (18.4 from the city center, and Toronto Zoo, which is 18 mi (29 away.
Dressing for Aurora
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 45°F during the day and 16°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 78°F, while the average at night is 30°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 80°F with nighttime averages of 47°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 63°F and nighttime averages of 19°F
- Aurora gets about 1.30 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 77°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 18°F