Search Vancouver, British Columbia Hotels from AU$87
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 2 Nov. 2020
Where to stay in Vancouver
4.5/5Wonderful!(406 area reviews)
As the beating heart of one of the most liveable cities in the world, great things happen in Downtown Vancouver. All day and every day…
5/5Exceptional!(1 area review)
Ethnic food, fashionable shops and one of Vancouver’s best beaches are all part of this bayside neighborhood.
3.5/5Good!(10 area reviews)
The birthplace of Vancouver is full of old-world charm with cobbled streets, Victorian buildings, and a unique steam-powered clock.
This trendy residential neighborhood and nightlife destination on the False Creek waterfront was once a neglected warehouse district.
4.5/5Wonderful!(3 area reviews)
This district in Vancouver is a hub for creativity and culinary delights.
Travelers to Vancouver give high marks for the bustling port, shopping, and renowned art. Vibrant and scenic, this city attracts tourists with its restaurants and museums. Top sights in the city include Granville Island Public Market, Stanley Park, and Canada Place.
- There are 429 hotels and other accommodations in Vancouver
- The closest major airport is in Vancouver, BC (YVR-Vancouver Intl.) 10.7 from the city center
- The next closest is in Galiano Island, BC (YMF-Montague Harbour Seaplane Base) 47.8 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Vancouver
The city is well known for its art and museums, and cultural venues include Buschlen Mowatt Fine Arts, The Rennie Collection, and Autumn Brook Gallery. Notable city landmarks like Capilano Suspension Bridge and White Rock Pier might be worth a visit. The city's natural beauty is on display at Stanley Park, Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Classical Chinese Garden, and False Creek.
In Vancouver, there are 429 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday retreat. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Ocean Rose Bed & Breakfast - With a stay at this 2.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Rosewood Hotel Georgia - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this hotel. This 5-star hotel in Downtown Vancouver features a full-service spa, 4 restaurants, and an indoor pool.
- Hilltops B&B Surrey - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and quiet location.
Other favorite sights in Vancouver include Granville Island Public Market, Canada Place, and BC Place Stadium.
Getting Around Vancouver
With so many transportation options, seeing all of Vancouver is easy. Walk to nearby metro stations like Vancouver City Center Station, Granville Station, and Burrard Station. If you want to journey outside of the area, hop aboard a train from Vancouver Waterfront Station, Vancouver Pacific Central Station, or Vancouver Rocky Mountaineer Station. You can explore your options for water transportation at the local port.
Dressing for Vancouver
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 50°F and the nighttime average to be 29°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 67°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September averages 70°F during the day and 45°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 58°F during the day and 31°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Vancouver is 1.57 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 68°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 31°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Vancouver?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Vancouver, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Vancouver?
What's the best place to stay when travelling with children to Vancouver?
What's the best hotel for a couple visiting Vancouver?
What is the favourite LGBTQ-friendly place to stay in Vancouver?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Vancouver?
What's the best hotel for a beach holiday in Vancouver?
What's the best luxury accommodation option in Vancouver?
What's the best boutique-style hotel in Vancouver?
What's the best accommodation for a golf trip to Vancouver?
Recent Reviews in Vancouver
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Vancouver airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Vancouver?
- Where to stay near top Vancouver attractions?
- More accommodation types in Vancouver
- What kind of hotels are in Vancouver?
- Which hotel chains are in Vancouver?
- What are the most popular hotels in Vancouver?
- Are there hotels near Vancouver?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends