Families will find kid-friendly activities in Tewkesbury, and visitors give high marks for the lively bar scene. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its sporting events, riverfront, and spas.
- There are 13 hotels and other accommodations in Tewkesbury
- The closest major airport is in Birmingham (BHX) 58.8 from the city center
- The next closest is in Oxford (OXF) 60.8 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Tewkesbury
Favorite places to visit in the city include Tewkesbury Abbey, Roses Theatre, and John Moore Countryside Museum. Additionally, you might want to add Tewkesbury Museum to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 13 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Tewkesbury. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Tally Ho Bed and Breakfast - Amenities at this 4-star bed & breakfast include free breakfast and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- The Beckford Inn - With a stay at this 4-star inn, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
Getting Around Tewkesbury
If you want to venture outside of the area, ride aboard one of the trains from Ashchurch for Tewkesbury Station. Tewkesbury might not have many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Tewkesbury
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 52°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 33°F
- From April to June, the average is 69°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 71°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 60°F as the daytime average and 35°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Tewkesbury is 1.22 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 69°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 34°F