Travelers to Worcester give high marks for the riverfront and lively bar scene. Welcoming and rural, this city attracts tourists with its cathedral and gardens.
- There are 47 hotels and other accommodations in Worcester
- The closest major airport is in Birmingham (BHX) 44 from the city center
- The next closest is in Coventry (CVT) 53.3 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Worcester
A favorite place to visit in the city is Worcester Racecourse. Additionally, you'll find Malvern Theatres and Great Malvern Priory in the area.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 47 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Worcester. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Manor Coach House - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Old Street B&B - Our customers like the breakfast and comfortable rooms at this B&B. Amenities at this 3-star bed & breakfast include free breakfast and free WiFi.
- The Manor Arms Inn - This 5-star inn features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and bar.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Warwick Castle, located 27.5 mi (44.3 from the heart of the city, and Anne Hathaway's Cottage, which is 20.7 mi (33.3 away.
Getting Around Worcester
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Worcester Foregate Street Station or Worcester Shrub Hill Station. Worcester might not have as many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Worcester
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 51°F during the day and 35°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 66°F, while the average at night is 38°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 68°F with nighttime averages of 48°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 58°F and nighttime averages of 36°F
- Average annual rainfall for Worcester is 30.16 inches
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 67°F, whereas January and March are often coldest, averaging 35°F