Visiting St Kilda
Travelers to St Kilda give high marks for the beaches, top-notch restaurants, and abundant cafés. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its shopping, bars, and theaters. Top sights in the city include St. Kilda Beach and Luna Park.
- You'll find 1261 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Melbourne
- The closest major airport is in Melbourne, VIC (MEB-Essendon) 17.1 from the city center
- The next closest is in Melbourne, VIC (MEL-Tullamarine) 24.7 away
Sightseeing and Staying in St Kilda
The city is well known for its theaters and cultural venues like Palais Theatre and Astor Theatre. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: St. Kilda Beach, Luna Park, and Alma Park. Shopping is one of the favorite things to do, so consider an excursion to Acland Street, Fitzroy Street, and Chapel Street.
In St Kilda, you'll find 69 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Quest St Kilda Bayside - With a stay at this 4-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to a fitness center and a seasonal outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and beach locale.
- The Prince - Our customers like the bar and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 4.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi.
- Cosmopolitan Hotel - This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its beach locale and overall value.
Popular places to visit in the area include Melbourne Cricket Ground, located 3.3 mi (5.4 from the city center, and Royal Botanic Gardens, which is 2.6 mi (4.2 away.
Dressing for St Kilda
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 80°F during the day and 50°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 68°F, while the average at night is 41°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 64°F with nighttime averages of 41°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 75°F and nighttime averages of 45°F
- About 0.47 inches of rain falls on St Kilda each year
- Usually February and January are the hottest months with an average of 78°F, whereas July and June are often coldest, averaging 41°F