Travelers give high marks for the seaside in Sidney, which is also known for its gardens. Butchart Gardens, Fisgard Lighthouse, and British Columbia Parliament Building are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 355 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Victoria
- The closest major airport is in Victoria, BC (YYJ-Victoria Intl.) 2.4 from the city center
- The next closest is in Bedwell Harbour, BC (YBW-Bedwell Harbour Seaplane Base) 16.6 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Sidney
The seaside and gardens highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Sidney Skatepark, Iroquois Park, and Brethour Park. Taking a ferry is just one of the top activities, while Sidney-Washington State Ferry Terminal and Swartz Bay Ferry Terminal are sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Sidney Museum and Archives and Mary Winspear Centre.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 37 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Sidney. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Inlet Beach House Bed and Breakfast - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room kitchenette. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast.
- Watermark Sunset Suite - Our customers like the convenient parking at this property. Amenities in this 3.5-star condo include a kitchen, free WiFi, and a balcony.
- Amante Luxury Bed and Breakfast - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Butchart Gardens, located 6.7 mi (10.7 from the heart of the city, and Fisgard Lighthouse, which is 15.3 mi (24.5 away.
Dressing for Sidney
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 53°F and the nighttime average to be 33°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 69°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September averages 72°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 62°F during the day and 34°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Sidney is 1.26 inches
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 70°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 34°F