Families will find kid-friendly activities in Sevenoaks, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and quaint, this city also attracts tourists with its spas. Top sights around the area include O2 Arena, Leeds Castle, and South Park.
- There are 12 hotels and other accommodations in Sevenoaks
- The closest major airport is in London (LCY-London City) 25.9 from the city center
- The next closest is in London (LGW-Gatwick) 30.7 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Sevenoaks
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the countryside and these places to visit: Sevenoaks Wildlife Reserve, Riverhill Himalayan Gardens, and Emmets Garden. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Ightam Mote and Otford Heritage Centre.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 12 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Sevenoaks. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Nine Acres B&B - Amenities at this 3-star bed & breakfast include free breakfast and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and quiet location.
- 7 Hotel Diner - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this guesthouse. With a stay at this 4-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Holiday Inn Maidstone-Sevenoaks - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and pool.
Outside the city, top places to visit include O2 Arena, located 16.9 mi (27.2 from the heart of the city, and Leeds Castle, which is 18.2 mi (29.2 away.
Getting Around Sevenoaks
If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Sevenoaks Bat and Ball Station, Sevenoaks Kemsing Station, or Sevenoaks Otford Station. Sevenoaks might not have as many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Sevenoaks
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 53°F and the nighttime average to be 36°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 70°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September averages 72°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 61°F during the day and 37°F at night
- Sevenoaks gets about 0.83 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 70°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 36°F