Travelers give high marks for the lively bar scene in Maidstone, which is also known for its spas. Tourists can also enjoy the city's parks, theaters, and museums. Around the area, top sights include Leeds Castle, Rochester Cathedral, and Rochester Castle.
- There are 32 hotels and other accommodations in Maidstone
- The closest major airport is in Southend-on-Sea (SEN-Southend Municipal) 34.9 from the city center
- The next closest is in London (LCY-London City) 41.6 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Maidstone
Cultural venues in the city include Hazlitt Theatre, Maidstone Museum, and Tyrewhitt-Drake Museum of Carriages. The city's natural beauty is on display at Brenchley Gardens, Whatman Park, and Mote Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Leeds Castle and Vinters Valley Nature Reserve.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 32 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Maidstone. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Stable Courtyard - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- The Black Horse Inn - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this inn. This 4-star inn features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free parking.
- Chilston Park Hotel - This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and comfortable rooms.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Canterbury Cathedral, located 24.1 mi (38.9 from the city center, and Rochester Cathedral, which is 8 mi (12.9 away.
Getting Around Maidstone
If you want to journey outside of the area, ride aboard a train from Maidstone East Station, Maidstone West Station, or Maidstone Barracks Station. Maidstone may not have many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Maidstone
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 51°F during the day and 35°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 68°F, while the average at night is 39°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 71°F with nighttime averages of 49°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 61°F and nighttime averages of 37°F
- Average annual rainfall for Maidstone is 1.02 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 69°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 35°F