Visitors can enjoy all that Sassafras has to offer including the gardens and spas. This city also attracts tourists with its relaxing and tucked away setting. Around the area, top sights include Dandenong Ranges National Park, Puffing Billy Steam Train, and Doncaster Shopping Centre.
- You'll find 1261 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Melbourne
- The closest major airport is in Melbourne, VIC (MEB-Essendon) 42.2 from the city center
- The next closest is in Melbourne, VIC (MEL-Tullamarine) 48.7 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Sassafras
A favorite place to visit in the city is Dandenong Ranges National Park. In the area, you'll also find Puffing Billy Steam Train and Doncaster Shopping Centre.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 10 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Sassafras. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Moulton Park Cottages - This 4-star cottage features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Belle Le Vie - Our customers like the comfortable beds at this guesthouse. This 3.5-star guesthouse features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Clarendon Cottages - This 4.5-star cottage features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast.
One of the top places to see outside the city is Chadstone Shopping Mall, located 14.4 mi (23.2 from the center of the city.
Dressing for Sassafras
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 80°F and the nighttime average to be 50°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 68°F during the day and 41°F at night
- July through September averages 64°F during the day and 41°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 75°F during the day and 45°F at night
- Sassafras gets about 0.47 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually February and January with an average temperature of 78°F, while the coldest months are July and June with an average of 41°F