Search Santiago, Santiago Metropolitan Hotels from AU$69
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 27 Mar. 2020
Reviewed on 19 Mar. 2020
Reviewed on 4 Oct. 2020
Reviewed on 24 Mar. 2020
Travelers to Santiago give high marks for the abundant cafés, fascinating museums, and local tours. Vibrant and culturally-rich, this city will delight tourists with its live music, shopping, and festivals. Top sights in the city include San Cristobal Hill, Palacio de la Moneda, and Santiago Town Square.
- There are 700 hotels and other accommodations in Santiago
- The closest major airport is in Santiago (SCL-Arturo Merino Benitez) 16.4 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Santiago
Known for its live music, museums, and festivals, the city's cultural venues include Galeria Kunst, La Chascona, and Teatro Universidad de Chile. Notable city landmarks like Santiago Town Square and Plaza de la Constitucion might be worth a visit. Shopping is one of the favorite things to do, so consider an excursion to Municipal Market of Providencia, Patio Bellavista, and Mall Panoramico.
In Santiago, there are 700 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- CasaSur Charming Hotel - Guests who stay at this 3-star guesthouse in Barrio Italia can enjoy access to free breakfast and a bar, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- The Aubrey Santiago - Our customers like the breakfast and pool at this hotel. This 4-star hotel in Bellavista features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- The Singular Santiago - This 5-star hotel in Lastarria features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its dining options and helpful staff.
Other favorite sights in Santiago include San Cristobal Hill, Palacio de la Moneda, and National Stadium.
Getting Around Santiago
With so many transportation options, exploring all of Santiago is a breeze. Take advantage of metro transit at Salvador Station, Manuel Montt Station, and Baquedano Station. To see more of the larger area, hop aboard a train at Santiago Central Station.
Dressing for Santiago
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 85°F and the nighttime average to be 46°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 76°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September averages 68°F during the day and 37°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 84°F during the day and 43°F at night
- Santiago gets about 13.46 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually January and February with an average temperature of 84°F, while the coldest months are July and June with an average of 37°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Santiago?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Santiago, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Santiago?
What's the best hotel when travelling with children to Santiago?
What's the best hotel for a couple visiting Santiago?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Santiago?
What's the best high-end place to stay in Santiago?
What's the best boutique-style accommodation in Santiago?
What's the best hotel for a golf holiday in Santiago?
Where's the best place to stay for a ski holiday in Santiago?
Recent Reviews in Santiago
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Santiago airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Santiago?
- Where to stay near top Santiago attractions?
- More accommodation types in Santiago
- What kind of hotels are in Santiago?
- Which hotel chains are in Santiago?
- What are the most popular hotels in Santiago?
- Are there hotels near Santiago?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends