Search San Sebastian, Basque Country Hotels from AU$63
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 23 Jul. 2020
Reviewed on 8 Jul. 2020
Where to stay in San Sebastian
San Sebastian Centro
4.5/5Wonderful!(38 area reviews)
Wander along the charming streets of this district to see some of the oldest buildings in the city, famous landmarks, exceptional restaurants and green areas.
5/5Exceptional!(20 area reviews)
Piece together intriguing Basque stories from the museums and religious treasures and enjoy scenic views of headlands and islands in this historic neighborhood.
4.5/5Wonderful!(9 area reviews)
An area for the young and young-at-heart describes this active area. Carry a surfboard like many others or just enjoy the charged atmosphere in this part of Spain.
4.5/5Wonderful!(4 area reviews)
A beach, amusement park, nightlife, fine cuisine and quiet for sleeping are perfect factors for a family vacation. Stay in this Spanish neighborhood that has it all.
Visiting San Sebastian
Travelers to San Sebastian give high marks for the beaches, lively bar scene, and abundant cafés. This walkable city also attracts tourists with its restaurants. Top sights in the city include Monte Urgull, Concha Beach, and Monte Igueldo.
- There are 381 hotels and other accommodations in San Sebastian
- The closest major airport is in San Sebastian (EAS) 15.7 from the city center
- The next closest is in Biarritz (BIQ-Biarritz - Anglet - Bayonne) 39.7 away
Sightseeing and Staying in San Sebastian
Attractions like Monte Igueldo and Donostia-San Sebastian Aquarium are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Monte Urgull, Concha Beach, and Alderdi-Eder Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Victoria Eugenia Theater and Plaza de La Constitucion.
In San Sebastian, you'll find 381 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Maria Cristina, a Luxury Collection Hotel - This 5-star hotel in San Sebastian Centro features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a fitness center. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and breakfast.
- Legazpi Doce Studios Suites - Our customers like the helpful staff and location at this apartment. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star apartment in San Sebastian Centro can enjoy access to parking and concierge services, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Rusticae Villa Soro - Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Gros can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and beach locale.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Hendaye Beach, located 11 mi (17.6 from the heart of the city, and Cote des Basques, which is 23.3 mi (37.6 away.
Getting Around San Sebastian
With so many choices for transportation, seeing San Sebastian is easy. Make your way to San Sebastián/Donosti for metro transit. If you want to journey outside of the area, ride aboard a train from San Sebastian Amara Station, Hernani Station, or Irún Station.
Dressing for San Sebastian
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 58°F during the day and 40°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 71°F, while the average at night is 44°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 75°F with nighttime averages of 55°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 70°F and nighttime averages of 42°F
- Average annual rainfall for San Sebastian is 1.18 inches
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 74°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 41°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in San Sebastian?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in San Sebastian, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in San Sebastian?
What's the best hotel for a family holiday in San Sebastian?
What's the best place to stay for a romantic holiday in San Sebastian?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in San Sebastian?
What's the best hotel to stay near the beach in San Sebastian?
What's the best luxury hotel in San Sebastian?
What's the best boutique hotel in San Sebastian?
Recent Reviews in San Sebastian
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the San Sebastian airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of San Sebastian?
- Where to stay near top San Sebastian attractions?
- More accommodation types in San Sebastian
- What kind of hotels are in San Sebastian?
- Which hotel chains are in San Sebastian?
- What are the most popular hotels in San Sebastian?
- Are there hotels near San Sebastian?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends