Visitors to Hondarribia are sure to enjoy the bars and waterfront. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments and coffeehouses. Top sights around the area include Hendaye Beach, Monte Urgull, and Concha Beach.
- You'll find 380 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of San Sebastian
- The closest major airport is in San Sebastian (EAS) 1 from the city center
- The next closest is in Biarritz (BIQ-Biarritz - Anglet - Bayonne) 23.9 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Hondarribia
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Castillo de Carlos V, Church of Nuestra Senora del Manzano, and Baluarte de la Reina. Exploring the waterfront is a top activity, and Port of Hondarribia is one place to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Plaza Gipuzkoa and Calle San Pedro.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 29 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Hondarribia. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel Jaizkibel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and helpful staff.
- Hotel Sercotel Jáuregui - Our customers like the helpful staff and room size at this aparthotel. With a stay at this 3-star aparthotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with free WiFi.
- Parador de Hondarribia - This 4-star hotel features free WiFi, a bar, and parking.
Popular places to see outside the city include Hendaye Beach, located 1 mi (1.7 from the heart of the city, and Monte Urgull, which is 10.4 mi (16.7 away.
Dressing for Hondarribia
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 58°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 40°F
- From April to June, the average is 71°F during the day and 44°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 75°F during the day and 55°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 70°F as the daytime average and 42°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Hondarribia is 1.18 inches
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 74°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 41°F