Family Hotels & Resorts in Rottnest Island from AU$139
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Best Rottnest Island Family Hotels
Where should we stay in Rottnest Island?
The destination of Rottnest Island is a good option if you've been considering a getaway with the children. The cycling trails, snorkelling spots and beaches are just some of the things that make this an interesting destination for family trips. Fly into Perth, WA (PER), which is located 26.8 mi (43.1 km) from the city centre. Rottnest Island has 3 child-friendly hotels and other types of accommodation.
Holidaying families have positive things to say about these places to stay:
Rottnest Island Authority: Offers a water park, 5 restaurants and on-site mini golf. Guests like the central location at this 3-star resort.
Hotel Rottnest – Features a restaurant, free parking and free WiFi. The clean rooms and quiet location make this 4-star hotel popular with guests.
When should we visit Rottnest Island?
You're probably hoping for good weather for your family trip. Use these tips to decide when to pack up the children and head to Rottnest Island.
- Hottest months: February, January, March and December, with an average temperature of 27°C
- Coldest months: August, July, September and June, with an average temperature of 12°C
- Driest months: December, March, January and February, with an average rainfall of 17.25 inches
- Rainiest months: July, June, May and August, with an average rainfall of 89.75 inches
What should we see and do in Rottnest Island?
While you and your family are visiting Rottnest Island, you may want to explore some child-friendly attractions such as Rottnest Ferry Terminal and Western Australian Maritime Museum. Make sure that you have plenty of time to take in activities in the area such as City Beach and Cottesloe Beach.Rottnest Island is also known for the:
Getting around Rottnest Island
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Oliver Hill Station or Settlement Station. Rottnest Island might not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
More trip options
- Places Near Rottnest Island
- What kind of hotels are in Rottnest Island?
- More accommodation types in Rottnest Island
- Where to stay near top Rottnest Island attractions?
- Are there hotels near Rottnest Island?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Expedia's Latest Trends