Search Rome Historic Centre, Rome Hotels from AU$49
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Check Rome Historic Centre hotel prices
Meal plans available
Reviewed on 5 Oct. 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 27 Sep. 2020
Reviewed on 24 Aug. 2020
Reviewed on 20 Sep. 2020
Where to stay in Rome Historic Centre
Visiting Rome Historic Centre
History buffs will enjoy exploring Rome Historic Centre, and visitors give high marks for the cathedral, important monuments, and fascinating museums. Tourists who journey to this vibrant city can discover its art, architecture, and local tours. Top sights in the city include Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, and Colosseum.
- There are 3716 hotels and other accommodations in Rome Historic Centre
- The closest major airport is in Rome (CIA-Ciampino) 15 from the city center
- The next closest is in Rome (FCO-Fiumicino - Leonardo da Vinci Intl.) 22.9 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Rome Historic Centre
The city is well known for its museums and art, and cultural venues include Colosseum, Borghese Gallery, and National Gallery of Modern Art. Notable for its cathedral, historic sites, and monuments, the city's landmarks include Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, and St. Peter's Basilica. The picturesque setting of Villa Borghese and Bioparco di Roma exemplify the city's natural beauty.
In Rome Historic Centre, there are 3716 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Vatican Style Suite - With a stay at this guesthouse in Vatican, guests can enjoy access to parking and concierge services, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
- J.K. Place Roma - Our customers like the dining options and overall value at this hotel. This 5-star hotel in Municipio Roma I features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- Roof Suite Rome Historic Residence - This bed & breakfast in Repubblica features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a bar. Expedia customers like its breakfast and quiet location.
Other favorite sights in Rome Historic Centre include Piazza del Popolo, Pantheon, and Piazza Venezia. In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Basilica of St. Paul Outside the Walls, located 3.4 mi (5.5 from the city center, and Museum of Roman Civilization, which is 5.3 mi (8.5 away.
Getting Around Rome Historic Centre
With so many choices for transportation, seeing Rome Historic Centre is simple. You can walk to nearby metro stations including Spagna Station, Barberini Station, and Flaminio - Piazza del Popolo Station. If you want to see more of the area, ride aboard a train from Rome Piazzale Flaminio Station, Rome Termini Station, or Rome Euclide Station.
Dressing for Rome Historic Centre
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 62°F during the day and 36°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 84°F, while the average at night is 46°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 87°F with nighttime averages of 57°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 75°F and nighttime averages of 40°F
- About 1.14 inches of rain falls on Rome Historic Centre each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 85°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 38°F
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Rome Historic Centre?
- Where to stay near top Rome Historic Centre attractions?
- More accommodation types in Rome Historic Centre
- What kind of hotels are in Rome Historic Centre?
- Which hotel chains are in Rome Historic Centre?
- What are the most popular hotels in Rome Historic Centre?
- Are there hotels near Rome Historic Centre?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends