Travelers to Poole give high marks for the bustling port, lively bar scene, and top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its spas. Top sights in the city include Poole Harbour and Brownsea Island.
- There are 54 hotels and other accommodations in Poole
- The closest major airport is in Bournemouth (BOH-Bournemouth Intl.) 13.3 from the city center
- The next closest is in Southampton (SOU) 51.5 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Poole
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the seaside and these places to visit: Brownsea Island, Poole Park, and Compton Acres. Taking a ferry is one of the top activities, while Poole Harbour, Sandbanks Ferry Terminal, and Alum Chine Beach are favorite sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are RNLI College and RNLI Memorial Sculpture.
In Poole, you'll find 54 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- The Plantation - This 4-star inn features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Viewpoint Guesthouse - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this guesthouse. This 4-star guesthouse features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Hotel du Vin & Bistro Poole - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Bournemouth International Centre, located 5.7 mi (9.1 from the heart of the city, and Bournemouth Beach, which is 5.9 mi (9.5 away.
Getting Around Poole
With so many choices for transportation, exploring all of Poole is a breeze. If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Poole Hamworthy Station, Poole Station, or Poole Parkstone Station. Cross the water in a ferry from the local port.
Dressing for Poole
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 52°F during the day and 38°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 65°F, while the average at night is 42°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 67°F with nighttime averages of 51°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 61°F and nighttime averages of 40°F
- About 1.06 inches of rain falls on Poole each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 66°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 39°F