Families will find kid-friendly activities in Plantation, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cafés and art. Aventura Mall, Sawgrass Mills Mall, and Broward Center for the Performing Arts are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 1318 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Fort Lauderdale
- The closest major airport is in Fort Lauderdale, FL (FXE-Fort Lauderdale Executive) 12 from the city center
- The next closest is in Fort Lauderdale, FL (FLL-Fort Lauderdale - Hollywood Intl.) 13.1 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Plantation
Shopping is one of the favorite things to do, so consider an excursion to Westfield Broward Mall, Plantation Village Shopping Center, and West Broward Shopping Center. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Frank Veltri Tennis Center and Jacaranda Golf Club.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 19 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Plantation. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Staybridge Suites Ft. Lauderdale-Plantation - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale Plantation - Our customers like the breakfast and central location at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Hampton Inn Ft Lauderdale-Plantation - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Aventura Mall, located 13.5 mi (21.7 from the city center, and Sawgrass Mills Mall, which is 4.3 mi (7 away.
Dressing for Plantation
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 81°F during the day and 58°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 90°F, while the average at night is 65°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 91°F with nighttime averages of 75°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 87°F and nighttime averages of 59°F
- About 58.54 inches of rain falls on Plantation each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 91°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 59°F