Visiting North Lake Tahoe
Travelers to North Lake Tahoe give high marks for the ski areas, lakeside setting, and magnificent mountain views. This city's small-town vibe also attracts tourists. Around the area, top sights include Northstar California Resort, Mt. Rose Ski Tahoe, and Bowers Mansion.
- You'll find 3338 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Lake Tahoe
- The closest major airport is in Truckee, CA (TKF-Truckee Tahoe) 11.5 from the city center
- The next closest is in Lake Tahoe, CA (TVL) 37.7 away
Sightseeing and Staying in North Lake Tahoe
The lakeside, hiking trails, and mountain views highlight the city's natural beauty, and Brockway Summit, Donner Lake, and Kings Beach State Recreation Area are worth a visit. Skiing, camping, and snowboarding are top activities, while sights to visit include Northstar California Resort, Tahoe Cross Country Ski Area, and North Tahoe Marina. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Tahoe City Field Station and Big Springs Gondola.
In North Lake Tahoe, you'll find 1040 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Cottage Inn - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- One Village Place By Welk Resorts - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and helpful staff at this villa. With a stay at this 4-star villa, guests can enjoy access to the ski slopes and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Tahoe Mountain Lodging - This 4-star condo resort features a full-service spa, a golf course, and ski slopes. Expedia customers like its convenient parking and helpful staff.
Top places to see in the area include Mt. Rose Ski Tahoe, located 13.7 mi (22 from the heart of the city, and Bowers Mansion, which is 14.5 mi (23.4 away.
Dressing for North Lake Tahoe
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 47°F during the day and 19°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 73°F, while the average at night is 25°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 79°F with nighttime averages of 36°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 65°F and nighttime averages of 20°F
- Average annual rainfall for North Lake Tahoe is 33.78 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 76°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 20°F