Search Nairobi, Kenya Hotels from AU$68
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 14 Dec. 2019
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Nairobi, and visitors give high marks for the safari tours and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its parks and museums. A top sight in the city is Moi International Sports Centre.
- There are 347 hotels and other accommodations in Nairobi
- The closest major airport is in Nairobi (WIL-Wilson) 3.5 from the city center
- The next closest is in Nairobi (NBO-Jomo Kenyatta Intl.) 12.9 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Nairobi
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Nairobi Gallery, Nairobi Railway Museum, and Nairobi National Museum. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the parks and these places to visit: Central Park, Uhuru Park, and Jeevanjee Gardens. Shopping is one of the favorite things to do, so consider an excursion to City Market, Diamond Plaza II, and The Sarit Centre.
In Nairobi, you'll find 347 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hemingways Nairobi - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and location.
- Palacina The Residence & The Suites - Our customers like the helpful staff and clean, quiet rooms at this hotel. This 5-star hotel in Kilimani features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
- The Lazizi Premiere Nairobi - This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Other top sights in Nairobi include Moi International Sports Centre.
Getting Around Nairobi
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride aboard one of the trains from Nairobi Station. Nairobi might not have many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Nairobi
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 79°F during the day and 54°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 76°F, while the average at night is 53°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 75°F with nighttime averages of 52°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 75°F and nighttime averages of 54°F
- Nairobi gets about 37.72 inches of rain per year
- Usually February and January are the hottest months with an average of 78°F, whereas September and July are often coldest, averaging 52°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Nairobi?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Nairobi, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Nairobi?
What's the best hotel for a family holiday in Nairobi?
What's the best accommodation for a romantic holiday in Nairobi?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Nairobi?
What's the best luxury accommodation option in Nairobi?
What's the best boutique-style accommodation in Nairobi?
What's the best accommodation for a golf trip to Nairobi?
Recent Reviews in Nairobi
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Nairobi airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Nairobi?
- Where to stay near top Nairobi attractions?
- More accommodation types in Nairobi
- What kind of hotels are in Nairobi?
- Which hotel chains are in Nairobi?
- What are the most popular hotels in Nairobi?
- Are there hotels near Nairobi?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends