Visiting Mount Dandenong
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Mount Dandenong, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the gardens, waterfront, and spas. Tourists can also enjoy all the city has to offer including its temples. Dandenong Ranges National Park, Puffing Billy Steam Train, and Doncaster Shopping Centre are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 1261 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Melbourne
- The closest major airport is in Melbourne, VIC (MEB-Essendon) 41.7 from the city center
- The next closest is in Melbourne, VIC (MEL-Tullamarine) 47.9 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Mount Dandenong
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the gardens and SkyHigh Mount Dandenong. Additionally, you might want to add William Ricketts Sanctuary to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 8 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Mount Dandenong. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Gatehouse Cottage at Merrow Cottages - Mt Dandenong - Amenities at this 4.5-star cottage include free parking and an in-room fireplace. Expedia travelers love its clean rooms.
- Linden Gardens Rainforest Retreat - Our customers like the location at this hotel. With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room kitchenette.
- Arnica Views - With a stay at this 4.5-star cottage, guests can enjoy access to free parking and concierge services, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its helpful staff.
Top places to see outside the city include Dandenong Ranges National Park, located 1.9 mi (3 from the heart of the city, and Puffing Billy Steam Train, which is 4.9 mi (7.9 away.
Dressing for Mount Dandenong
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 80°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 50°F
- From April to June, the average is 68°F during the day and 41°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 64°F during the day and 41°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 75°F as the daytime average and 45°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Mount Dandenong is 0.47 inches
- February and January are usually the hottest months averaging 78°F, while July and June are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 41°F