History buffs will enjoy exploring Merida, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this culturally-rich city can discover its museums, entertainment choices, and live music.
- There are 230 hotels and other accommodations in Merida
- The closest major airport is in Merida, Yucatan (MID-Manuel Crescencio Rejon Intl.) 5.6 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Merida
Known for its museums, live music, and art, the city's cultural venues include Macay Museum, Casa de Montejo, and Museo de Arte Contemporáneo. Its historic sites and cathedral are notable and landmarks include Montejo House, Nunnery Quadrangle, and Catedral de San Ildefonso. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Plaza Grande and Merida Cathedral.
In Merida, there are 230 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Casa Lecanda Boutique Hotel - This 4-star bed & breakfast in Centro features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and a bar.
- Casa Del Maya Bed & Breakfast - Our customers like the breakfast and comfortable, quiet rooms at this B&B. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast in Centro can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Merida Santiago Hotel Boutique - This 4-star hotel in Centro features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its bar and breakfast.
Dressing for Merida
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 94°F and the nighttime average to be 64°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 97°F during the day and 69°F at night
- July through September averages 94°F during the day and 71°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 90°F during the day and 64°F at night
- About 39.02 inches of rain falls on Merida each year
- Hottest months are usually May and April with an average temperature of 96°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 64°F