Visitors can enjoy all that Marrickville has to offer including its shopping. Sydney Opera House, Sydney Harbour Bridge, and Sydney Showground are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 964 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Sydney
- The closest major airport is in Sydney, NSW (SYD-Kingsford Smith Intl.) 2.9 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Marrickville
Shopping is a favorite activity, so consider an excursion to Marrickville Market and Marrickville Metro. In the area, you'll also find Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge.
As you make plans for a getaway to Marrickville, your ideal accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but there are 769 hotels and lodging options locally. Here you'll find some of the places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- The Cov House is located in the heart of Marrickville. This 4-star vacation home in Marrickville features free WiFi and a terrace.
- Rydges Sydney Airport Hotel is located 0.4 mi from the city center. Guests who stay at this 4.5-star hotel in Mascot can enjoy access to a restaurant and a 24-hour fitness center, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Four Seasons Hotel Sydney is 1.7 mi from the city's heart. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Sydney can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
Popular places to see around the area include Sydney Showground, located 6.7 mi (10.8 from the city center, and Bondi Beach, which is 7.1 mi (11.5 away.
Getting Around Marrickville
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop aboard a train at Sydney Marrickville Station. Marrickville might not have as many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Marrickville
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 78°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 60°F
- From April to June, the average is 73°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 68°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 77°F as the daytime average and 53°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Marrickville is 46.77 inches
- January and February are usually the hottest months averaging 78°F, while July and June are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 47°F