Search Koh Samui, Surat Thani Hotels from AU$38
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 16 Mar. 2020
Reviewed on 2 Mar. 2020
Visiting Koh Samui
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Koh Samui, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, top-notch restaurants, and relaxing spas. This city's relaxing setting also attracts tourists. Top sights in the city include Namuang Waterfall, Big Buddha Statue, and Namuang Waterfall 2.
- There are 1326 hotels and other accommodations in Koh Samui
- The closest major airport is in Ko Samui (USM) 11.7 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Koh Samui
Families come for attractions such as Namuang Safari Park, Samui Aquarium, and Na Tian Butterfly Garden. The city is notable for landmarks like Big Buddha Statue, Fisherman's Village Plaza, and Guan-Yu Koh Samui Shrine. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Namuang Waterfall, Namuang Waterfall 2, and Hin Ta and Hin Yai.
In Koh Samui, you'll find 1326 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Bo Phut Resort & Spa - With a stay at this 4.5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
- The Siam Residence Boutique Resort - Our customers like the dining options and pool at this resort. This 4-star resort features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
- Poppies Samui Resort - This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and beach locale.
Other favorite sights in Koh Samui include Lad Wanorn Waterfall, Hin Laad Waterfall, and Phetch Buncha Thai Boxing Stadium. Outside the city, popular places to see include Haad Rin Nai Beach, located 15.1 mi (24.4 from the city center, and Tharn Sadet Waterfall, which is 20 mi (32.1 away.
Dressing for Koh Samui
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 93°F and the nighttime average to be 73°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 93°F during the day and 76°F at night
- July through September averages 88°F during the day and 75°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 88°F during the day and 73°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Koh Samui is 3.07 inches
- Hottest months are usually April and March with an average temperature of 93°F, while the coldest months are February and December with an average of 73°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Koh Samui?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Koh Samui, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Koh Samui?
What's the best place to stay for families in Koh Samui?
What's the best place to stay for a romantic holiday to Koh Samui?
What is the top LGBTQ-friendly accommodation in Koh Samui?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Koh Samui?
What's the best place to stay for a beach holiday in Koh Samui?
What's the best luxury place to stay in Koh Samui?
What's the best boutique-style hotel in Koh Samui?
Recent Reviews in Koh Samui
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Koh Samui airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Koh Samui?
- Where to stay near top Koh Samui attractions?
- More accommodation types in Koh Samui
- What kind of hotels are in Koh Samui?
- Which hotel chains are in Koh Samui?
- What are the most popular hotels in Koh Samui?
- Are there hotels near Koh Samui?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends