Search Ko Pha-ngan, Surat Thani Hotels from AU$18
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 18 Mar. 2020
Visiting Koh Phangan
Travelers to Koh Phangan give high marks for the beaches and relaxing spas. Tourists can also enjoy all the city has to offer including its temples. Top sights in the city include Tharn Sadet Waterfall, Ban Chalok Beach, and Haad Rin Nai Beach.
- There are 363 hotels and other accommodations in Koh Phangan
- The closest major airport is in Ko Samui (USM) 20.7 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Koh Phangan
The beaches and sunsets highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Tharn Sadet Waterfall, Ban Chalok Beach, and Haad Rin Nai Beach. Snorkeling is one of the top activities, while Raja Ferry Port, Thong Sala Pier, and Haad Rin Pier are favorite sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Nam Tok Phaeng and Nam Tok Than Sadet.
In Koh Phangan, you'll be able to select from 363 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villas - This 5-star resort features a winery, a full-service spa, and 2 restaurants. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and beach locale.
- Buri Rasa Koh Phangan - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this resort. With a stay at this 4-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with free WiFi.
- PingChan Beachfront Resort - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its beach locale and helpful staff.
Top places to visit outside the city include Big Buddha Statue, located 11.6 mi (18.6 from the city center, and Namuang Waterfall, which is 18.5 mi (29.7 away.
Dressing for Koh Phangan
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 93°F during the day and 73°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 93°F, while the average at night is 76°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 88°F with nighttime averages of 75°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 88°F and nighttime averages of 73°F
- Koh Phangan gets about 3.07 inches of rain per year
- Usually April and March are the hottest months with an average of 93°F, whereas December and February are often coldest, averaging 73°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Ko Pha-ngan?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Ko Pha-ngan, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Ko Pha-ngan?
What's the best hotel for families in Ko Pha-ngan?
What's the best hotel for couples in Ko Pha-ngan?
What's the best LGBTQ-friendly place to stay in Ko Pha-ngan?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Ko Pha-ngan?
What's the best accommodation option to stay near the beach in Ko Pha-ngan?
What's the best luxury accommodation option in Ko Pha-ngan?
What's the best boutique-style hotel in Ko Pha-ngan?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Ko Pha-ngan?
Recent Reviews in Ko Pha-ngan
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Ko Pha-ngan airport?
- Where to stay near top Ko Pha-ngan attractions?
- More accommodation types in Ko Pha-ngan
- What kind of hotels are in Ko Pha-ngan?
- Which hotel chains are in Ko Pha-ngan?
- What are the most popular hotels in Ko Pha-ngan?
- Are there hotels near Ko Pha-ngan?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends