Visiting Key Largo
Travelers to Key Largo give high marks for the beaches and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its relaxing setting.
- There are 76 hotels and other accommodations in Key Largo
- The closest major airport is in Miami, FL (MIA-Miami Intl.) 79.7 from the city center
- The next closest is in Miami, FL (MPB-Public Seaplane Base) 81.2 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Key Largo
Attractions like Dolphins Plus, Dolphins Plus Bayside, and MarineLab Undersea Laboratory are fun for kids of all ages. The sunsets and beaches highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park, John Pennekamp State Park, and Key Largo Undersea Park. Top activities include dolphin watching and boating, while Jimmy Johnson's Big Chill and Bluefin Rock Harbor Marina are sights to visit.
In Key Largo, there are 76 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Playa Largo Resort & Spa, Autograph Collection - This 3.5-star resort features a full-service spa, 3 restaurants, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and bar.
- Coconut Bay Resort Key Largo - This 2-star guesthouse features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Bay Harbor Lodge - This 3-star lodge features a private beach, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its beach locale and overall value.
Dressing for Key Largo
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 82°F and the nighttime average to be 55°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 90°F during the day and 61°F at night
- July through September averages 91°F during the day and 72°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 88°F during the day and 57°F at night
- About 58.23 inches of rain falls on Key Largo each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 91°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 56°F