Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Marathon, and visitors give high marks for the seafood restaurants and bustling marina. Top sights in the city include Sombrero Beach and Dolphin Research Center.
- There are 147 hotels and other accommodations in Marathon
- The closest major airport is in Marathon, FL (MTH-Florida Keys Marathon) 3 from the city center
- The next closest is in Key West, FL (EYW-Key West Intl.) 70.6 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Marathon
Attractions like Dolphin Research Center, Conch Air, and Island Hoppers Aerial Adventures are fun for kids of all ages. The beaches and sunsets highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Sombrero Beach, The Turtle Hospital, and Curry Hammock State Park. Top activities include dolphin watching and fishing, while Florida Keys Country Club and Captain Hooks Marina and Dive Center are sights to visit.
In Marathon, you'll find 147 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Courtyard by Marriott Marathon Florida Keys - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and bar.
- Seascape Motel & Marina - Our customers like the pool and helpful staff at this motel. This 2.5-star motel features a marina, a private beach, and an outdoor pool.
- Hyatt Place Marathon Florida Keys - This 3-star hotel features a marina, 2 outdoor pools, and 2 restaurants. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
A popular place to see in the surrounding area is Bahia Honda State Park and Beach, located 12.9 mi (20.8 from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Marathon
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 81°F during the day and 64°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 91°F, while the average at night is 70°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 92°F with nighttime averages of 78°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 88°F and nighttime averages of 64°F
- About 46.14 inches of rain falls on Marathon each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 91°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 65°F