Families will find kid-friendly activities in Dubai, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, beaches, and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its cafés and architecture. Top sights in the city include Dubai Mall, Burj Khalifa, and Mall of the Emirates.
- There are 1000 hotels and other accommodations in Dubai
- The closest major airport is in Dubai (DXB-Dubai Intl.) 16 from the city center
- The next closest is in Sharjah (SHJ-Sharjah Intl.) 26.6 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Dubai
The city's cultural venues include Dubai Museum and The Dubai Heritage Village. Families come for attractions such as Aquaventure, Wild Wadi Water Park, and IMG Worlds of Adventure. The city is notable for landmarks like Burj Khalifa, Jumeirah Mosque, and Grand Mosque.
In Dubai, there are 1000 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- One&Only The Palm - Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Palm Jumeirah can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a private beach, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and helpful staff.
- Renaissance Downtown Hotel, Dubai - Our customers like the helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this hotel in Beach & Coast, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 5 restaurants, along with pillowtop beds.
- Al Maha, A Luxury Collection Desert Resort & Spa, Dubai - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with a private plunge pool.
Other favorite sights in Dubai include Dubai Mall, Mall of the Emirates, and Ski Dubai. One of the top places to see outside the city is Sahara Centre, located 13 mi (21 from the heart of the city.
Getting Around Dubai
With so many transportation options, exploring Dubai is simple. Walk to nearby metro stations like Creek Station, Rashidiya Station, and Al Jadaf Station. You can explore options for water transportation at the marina.
Dressing for Dubai
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 85°F and the nighttime average to be 56°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 104°F during the day and 66°F at night
- July through September averages 105°F during the day and 77°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 98°F during the day and 58°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Dubai is 3.31 inches
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 105°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 58°F