Visitors can enjoy all that Colac has to offer including the lakeside setting, spas, and golf courses. Tourists can also enjoy all the city has to offer including its gardens.
- There are 5 hotels and other accommodations in Colac
- The closest major airport is in Melbourne, VIC (AVV-Avalon) 85.3 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Colac
A couple of favorite places to visit are Colac Botanic Gardens and Colac Golf Course. In the area, you'll also find Otway Estate Winery and Brewery and Red Rock Winery.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Colac. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Colac Mid City Motor Inn - This 3.5-star motel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Otway Gate Motel - Our customers like the overall value and helpful staff at this motel. This 2.5-star motel features free WiFi, free parking, and a business center.
- Baronga Motor Inn - This 4-star motel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free parking. Expedia customers like its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
Getting Around Colac
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Colac Station. Colac might not have many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Colac
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 68°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 56°F
- From April to June, the average is 63°F during the day and 48°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 58°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 65°F as the daytime average and 50°F as the nighttime average
- Colac gets about 32.01 inches of rain per year
- February and January are usually the hottest months averaging 67°F, while July and August are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 48°F