Visiting Carrum Downs
Families enjoy visiting Carrum Downs though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's shopping, beaches, and spas. Chadstone Shopping Mall, Brighton Beach, and Puffing Billy Steam Train are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 2 hotels and other accommodations in Carrum Downs
- The closest major airport is in Melbourne, VIC (MEB-Essendon) 47.3 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Carrum Downs
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Chadstone Shopping Mall, Brighton Beach, and Puffing Billy Steam Train. Additionally, you'll find Caulfield Racecourse in the area.
This is a top accommodation based on our user reviews:
- Frankston Holiday Park - This 3-star motel features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and helpful staff.
Dressing for Carrum Downs
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 80°F during the day and 50°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 68°F, while the average at night is 41°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 64°F with nighttime averages of 41°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 75°F and nighttime averages of 45°F
- About 0.47 inches of rain falls on Carrum Downs each year
- Usually February and January are the hottest months with an average of 78°F, whereas July and June are often coldest, averaging 41°F