Visitors can enjoy all that Bowen has to offer including the waterfront, water parks, and coffeehouses. The tucked away and quaint setting also entices those visiting the city.
- There are 22 hotels and other accommodations in Bowen
- The closest major airport is in Proserpine, QLD (PPP-Whitsunday Coast) 63.4 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Bowen
The city's natural beauty is on display at Mullers Lagoon Park, Kings Beach, and Horseshoe Bay Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Bowen Jetty and Bowen Harbour.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 22 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Bowen. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Coral Cove Apartments - With a stay at this 4.5-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and beach locale.
- Rose Bay Resort - Our customers like the beach locale and helpful staff at this apartment. With a stay at this 4.5-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Bluewater Harbour Motel - With a stay at this 3-star motel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
Getting Around Bowen
To explore the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Bowen Station or Euri Station. Bowen may not have many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Bowen
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 88°F and the nighttime average to be 71°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 85°F during the day and 58°F at night
- July through September averages 82°F during the day and 57°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 88°F during the day and 66°F at night
- Bowen gets about 37.28 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually December and February with an average temperature of 88°F, while the coldest months are July and August with an average of 59°F